Question

incoming texts and calls not working

• 6 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi I moved from O2 yesterday and kept my number. I can send out texts and calls but I don't receive any. I've tried the useless 'Live Chat' which is just a bot so I would like to know how you actually sort problems out as it's not very obvious.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I moved from O2 yesterday and kept my number. I can send out texts and calls but I don't receive any. I've tried the useless 'Live Chat' which is just a bot so I would like to know how you actually sort problems out as it's not very obvious.

When moving networks it can take a couple of restarts to get everything working again.

If you are using an iPhone, also worth checking Apple’s advice here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201422

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Peeved 

Are you on an iPhone or Android device?

When people call/text you, what happens on their side? Do they get any errors?

When you call/text outbound, does the correct number show for the receiver?

Tom

Android.

Texts give an exclamation mark and unknown number.

Phone gives unknown number.

Correct number shows for outgoing.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi I moved from O2 yesterday and kept my number.

I've tried the useless 'Live Chat' which is just a bot so I would like to know how you actually sort problems out as it's not very obvious.

The ‘Live Chat’ bot can be avoided if you type “talk to a person” after connecting @Peeved

The agents work until 8pm weekdays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Peeved 

Please try the following;

If you open your Messaging app and click Settings > Chat Features does it show the correct number?

If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to de-register the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features and the phone.

Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features it should let you re-register/update to the correct number.

Tom

I've already went through all this days ago. I'm waiting to hear back from your technical team when they eventually get round to looking into it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Peeved,

We’ve PMd you as above so if you need further help, just reply there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?