Question

Increasing data roaming cap

• 26 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m in USA and I know data costs a lot. But I got a text stating I’ve used 80% of my data roaming cap. I can’t find anywhere any reference to this cap, or add-ons that allow me to increase it. Standard add-ons don’t apply as I’ve only used 1Gb of my normal monthly allowance so far.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe the capped limit set on your account is too low for calls, text, and data roaming in the USA.

Elsewhere in this forum iD staff have stated the maximum capped limit is £25.

If yours is less than £25, maybe increase your capped limit?

Userlevel 1

My capped limit is £75. The bill resently sitting at £60 for this month. I can still make calls and send texts. Come on Idmobile, I want to spend more!!!!
I’ll be changing networks as soon as I get home at this rate.

Idmobile needs to up its #customerservice game.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Indeed they do @pmarshall.
Seems the 80% alert was accurate in this case.

I guess iD Mobile figure most of their customers travel within the EU, not beyond. 

Like many businesses nowadays, iD Mobile seem mainly interested in getting new customers signed-up on 24-month contracts, or existing customers upgrading to another 24-month contract.

You may have no choice but to get yourself a PAC, and take your custom elsewhere - especially if you want cheap/easy roaming in the USA.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @pmarshall,

All contracts are capped at a credit limit, set at the time of purchase based on your credit score. This can either be £25.00, £50.00 or £75.00.

Once you reach this cap, you’re not able to use more out of plan spend or able to increase your cap past this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?