Solved

iPhone SMS charges

• 21 December 2022
  • 3 replies

On your MMS charges explained page (https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/mms-charges) it says if “You use iPhone Messages to send a text to a non-iPhone user that “text get sent as MMS”.

Does that mean if I join ID Mobile I will be charged for every text (SMS) message I send to non-iPhone users from my iPhone? 

Thank you for your time

icon

Best answer by andewhite 21 December 2022, 10:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @nodeath, I’ve got an iPhone and iD Mobile did not charge me whenever I used iMessage to text a non-iPhone user, which I did more often than texting another iPhone.

The page you’ve referenced is about MMS charges, not SMS (text) charges.
I think the only reason iPhone is mentioned on this page is because if you’ve got a long iMessage with lots of emojis, it might be sent as an MMS, not SMS.

Anyway, good luck @nodeath.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @nodeath,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that @andewhite has provided you with all the information and the answer to your question.

If you require further assistance, please get back to us.

Kash

Thank you 

Okay @nodeath, I’ve got an iPhone and iD Mobile did not charge me whenever I used iMessage to text a non-iPhone user, which I did more often than texting another iPhone.

The page you’ve referenced is about MMS charges, not SMS (text) charges.
I think the only reason iPhone is mentioned on this page is because if you’ve got a long iMessage with lots of emojis, it might be sent as an MMS, not SMS.

Anyway, good luck @nodeath.

Thanks, I guessed that might be the case but wanted to be sure.

I think the wording on the MMS page could be modified to avoid confusion 

Why iD Mobile?