Is this company legit??

• 14 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve been with ID mobile for my third year now I’ve recently upgraded from Android to Apple.

kept the same Sim, sent my old phone to be recycled with another phone company. 
Switched the new handset on, came up with messages that didn’t belong to me then disappeared, same with fb, the company are insisting it’s a brand new phone but I’m convinced it’s refurbished as box had no safety seal.

They said I can have an exchange but I had already sent my old phone to be recycled so left without a hand set which I cannot do, spoke to the complaints department offered me £50 to keep the handset which I agreed. Days gone by no money in my account, a member of the complaints team rang to ask if my issue had been resolved for them to tell me the £50 conversation wasn’t on their system but I’d previously given my bank account details to a member of staff over the phone, panicking now who I’ve given my details too, even though I rang the Id mobile helpline.

still awaiting a reply from the company, has anyone else had this issue?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You should take iD Mobile up on their offer and return the handset for a replacement. If the phone was used and returned, then it’s unlikely Apple will provide you with a full 12 month warranty as the phone will be showing an earlier activation date than your date of purchase. Also, it could prevent you from purchasing Apple care.

Try entering your serial number below and see what date it gives you:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Laura Kate 

Yes, we are a real legit company, I’m sorry to hear you’ve had issues with your device, did you purchase directly via iD Mobile or a third party?

What number did you call? Who did they address themselves as?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi, it was your customer complaint phone number, I ended up speaking to three different people as I kept getting cut off.

I had a call to say they were looking into the conversation I had with a gentleman but haven’t heard anything back, I have my bank details over the phone to someone that said it was rhe ID mobile complaints department for a £50 compensation fee, nothing as of yet…

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Laura Kate 

Okay, I’d recommend calling our complaints department on 0800 049 2402 or 0800 049 1300 for an update on the complaint itself, please note that it may take 3-5 working days for money to be sent and a similar timeframe for updates from the complaints team.

Let us know how you get on.

Tom

Userlevel 1

All sorted thanks guys 

Why iD Mobile?