Question

Issues after porting number - Receiving calls & text

• 20 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

So yesterday I had my number ported to my ID Mobile account, had the text to say its completed.

Since then I cannot receive calls or texts

I have gone through the support articles and done the following -

• Reset my network settings
  • Turned the phone off numerous times and removed the sim card (For 15 minutes +)
  • Sent texts and made calls to a non iPhone phone to confirm it wasn’t using apple services
  • Unable to receive anything though
  • Used the 4G data
  • Phone is an iPhone 14 - I have confirmed the number shown in settings is my ported number
  • iMessage gets stuck on ‘waiting for activation’ after turning the setting off and on numerous times, eventually errors out with ‘activation unsuccessful’ - the correct number is in ‘send and receive’
  • Whatsapp is working as normal

When I phone this number from my work phone (Different network) I get the error ‘You’ve dialled an incorrect number, please check and try again’ - yes the number is correct i’m dialling

My partner also gets the same voice error from her phone

I was online at 9am this morning hoping to catch live chat but it immediately stated “We're experiencing a high number of chats right now and all our agents are currently busy helping customers. When all our agents are busy why not try using the iD online community? Alternatively, please try again later.”

I assume then that the only form of customer service is this forum and direct messages on facebook and twitter??

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I assume then that the only form of customer service is this forum and direct messages on facebook and twitter??

Correct @Nozzer17 - iD don’t provide a telephone support helpline.

I’d recommend using Facebook or Twitter to communicate privately with iD Mobile.

Hi - I'm having the exact same issue. Can send text messages and make calls but cannot receive either. My old sim stopped working 6 days ago, the day I requested the transfer to happen.

I contacted them through Facebook messenger and whilst they reply quickly I'm no further forward on a solution. I just keep being told 'we have no time-frame'. Very frustrating. 

Userlevel 1

Just to let people know, I managed to get this working while talking to a support agent via the complaints page. While they were looking into the case it magically came to life. I received 2 texts that I had sent from my work mobile to ‘test’ and then called the phone. This was while they were looking into the case, unsure if they actually did anything or if it was a huge coincidence. 

iMessage took a further 24 hours as expected to come back online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Nozzer17,

Welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?