Question

Issues getting ID Mobile to block my stolen handset.

• 7 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I am having major issues getting ID mobile to block my stolen iPhone 14 pro handset. I have requested this 3 times now since the phone was stolen at the start of last week.

Every time customer chat says they have barred the device but it is still showing as unblocked and my insurance is refusing to pay out because of this.

The phone was purchase new through Curry's/Carphone Warehouse just before the end of the year.

I have a replacement SIM and are using a temporary device but I cannot afford to loose thousands of pounds due to the insurance not paying out!

Please help! Many thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you asked Apple for assistance @alexqts
Apple have the IMEI number of your device - there’s more at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201472.

If you privately tell iD Mobile your handset was stolen using Facebook Messenger, or send them a direct message on Twitter, you’ll have records of all communications with iD. 

Hope you manage to get this sorted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @alexqts 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Phone is still showing as clean on IMEI checks / Insurance company despite ID Mobile claiming it has been blocked.

Apple are not able to help. I am not sure how I can continue using this mobile service when they are unable to block a phone that I have been using on my account for months (I assume because I bought the phone directly via Apple). I think at this point my only options are to see if the Police or Ofcom are able to help.

Beware, if you have phone insurance they will only pay out if handset has been blocked, sadly ID mobile seem to have problem doing this despite talking to the complaints department!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @alexqts 

I can see we’ve messaged you directly about this and are investigating, we’ll update there when we can.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your response. I have raised a formal complaint about this matter.

My new phone was barred due to an admin error and the stolen one is still not blocked. 

Why iD Mobile?