Question

Issues with Phone Number Switch

• 24 January 2024
  • 12 replies

Despite being sent a message today saying my phone number has switched, when I go to my settings to see my phone number, it’s still the number ID gave me.

I have restarted my phone a number of times, yet nothing has changed.

I’m also having trouble sending text messages. The texts seem to be getting to the recipient under my phone number, however, on my phone it’s telling me the message has failed to send.

Any help at all will be much appreciated.

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET, @acrascia

Your handset user guide usually explains how to perform this procedure. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @acrascia

Are you using an iPhone? If so, we’ve got this article that may help:

Thanks,

Nikhil

Hiya @Nikhil P,

I’ve done all the things suggested in that article and the number still hasn’t changed on my phone.

It seems to have transferred on the iD app but nowhere else

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @acrascia, if the article and a network reset haven’t helped, I suggest turning off your handset and then remove the iD SIM.

Leave your phone off overnight and in the morning pop-in your SIM and turn your handset on.

Hi @andewhite 

I did as you suggested and there’s still been no change.

Maybe it’s an issue on iD’s end and not mine? I can’t think of what else to do 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @andewhite 

What handset are you using, @acrascia

Hi @andewhite 

What handset are you using, @acrascia

iPhone 11 @andewhite 

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @acrascia

You could try the steps on this article: 

If this doesn’t work, let me know and I’ll get a member of the team to reach out to you. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Hey @acrascia

You could try the steps on this article: 

If this doesn’t work, let me know and I’ll get a member of the team to reach out to you. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

@Nikhil P I’ve done this and still no change.

My issue isn’t with iMessage/Facetime, it’s with sending “green bubble” text messages.

In my settings, my phone number is showing up as the one provided by iD, but when I send a text message, it gets sent to the recipient from the number I want carried over, and a “Message Send Failure” is given on my end.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @acrascia, I experienced this issue when I switched to iD Mobile. 

My iPhone 12 did the same thing, but after a few days the issue resolved itself. 

Perhaps iD Mobile need to double-check your network account has been correctly provisioned.

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @acrascia

I’ll get one of the Team to reach out to you via DM. They’ll be in touch shortly. 

Thanks for your help on this one @andewhite.

Nikhil

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @acrascia 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?