Question

Issues with receiving phone calls and text message - new customer

• 6 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I joined ID a week or so ago and transferred my number over which went through on Tuesday (although I never received a confirmation from ID). I can call people and send text messages and it appears as my old number, however no one can text or phone me. Calls go through to voicemail to my old provider.

I can’t get the Live Chat to work, I can only speak to the Chatbot which isn’t helpful. I can’t create an ID  account as it wants the original ID mobile number and then sends a security code to that number, rather than my existing number.

I have done the usual remove sim, turn off phone, messages etc. and nothing works.

Please can someone at ID help me as I’m getting increasingly frustrated and need to urgently start receiving my phone calls and messages.

Many thanks, 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If incoming calls still go to your old service provider, it sounds like a split port @lizzie81.

Unfortunately, this will probably take some time to rectify @lizzie81, especially as number transfer team don’t work at weekends.

To speak to a real person at iD, just type “talk to a person” after connecting on the online chat.

The real people work until 6pm at weekends (8pm on weekdays).

Userlevel 1

Thanks.  Calls go to my new phone, texts go to my old phone :( very confusing 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks.  Calls go to my new phone, texts go to my old phone :( very confusing 

I’ve replied in your topic @Dclecturer

Why iD Mobile?