Question

just joined id but my new sim isnt working

• 16 June 2022
  • 5 replies

I’ve just joined id, I’ve put my SIM card in to my new phone and I have no service, I’ve checked my service and should have ‘very good’ service in my area, I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions and none have worked.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like you’ve got a dud SIM from iD.

You can get a replacement from Currys for £5, or try your luck using the iD Live Chat service to request a replacement.

The “How do I get a replacement SIM card?” community article has more about the issue - good luck.

Userlevel 2

Hi @Brooke99,

As your post mentioned popping your new SIM straight into your phone and doesn't mention activating it.

Just to double check have you attempted to activate your SIM via the iD app or website? As you won't be able to pickup network coverage until it's been activated 🙂

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve just joined id, I’ve put my SIM card in to my new phone and I have no service, I’ve checked my service and should have ‘very good’ service in my area, I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions and none have worked.

A new customer joining iD will normally receive a new SIM, which is supplied as already activated.

In theory, pop the new iD SIM in the new iD handset and you’re ready to go.

I guess there could be a network fault, which might be the issue - use the Network Status Checker to find out.

Hi @Brooke99,

As your post mentioned popping your new SIM straight into your phone and doesn't mention activating it.

Just to double check have you attempted to activate your SIM via the iD app or website? As you won't be able to pickup network coverage until it's been activated 🙂

It says as a new customer my sim should already be activated and ready to go 🤷🏻‍♀️

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Brooke99,

It says as a new customer my sim should already be activated and ready to go 🤷🏻‍♀️

Yes, a new iD SIM should be already activated and ready to use.

There could be a network fault, which might be the issue - use the Network Status Checker to find out.

Otherwise, you probably need a replacement SIM card - good luck.

Why iD Mobile?