Solved

keeping my old number from giffgaff

• 23 November 2022
  • 12 replies

Hi, I have just received my SIM card from ID mobile and pressed the 'keep my number' nd submitted by PAC code all through the email link. I've just registered my account on the app using the given ID mobile number. I've tried to keep my number on the app but it says it won't work. I just want to know if my number is being switched over? Please let me know as soon as possible.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 23 November 2022, 23:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you give your your giffgaff PAC to iD Mobile @Liv Austin (via the email link)?

When you submit a PAC to the new provider you should get SMS alerts, and possibly an email acknowledgement.

If you’ve already given the PAC to iD, it won’t work if you try and do it again.

Good luck @Liv Austin.
🤞🤞🤞 

Yeah I did. I received an message 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Liv Austin, did your message tell you when your number port would be completed?

The SMS from iD should tell you the day the port will take place, which depends upon when you submitted the PAC - for iD this is as follows:

Yes, so it should transfer over tomorrow at some point. If not, what should I do?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Liv Austin, when I joined iD and ported my number to iD, everything happened as advised in my SMS alert.

There may be several hours between giffgaff deactivating your number on their network, and the number you want to keep being active on the iD network.

When I joined iD, the number I wanted keep was not available for ~5 hours, as it was moved from my old provider to iD. My port was completed around 3pm on the date advised.

Good luck @Liv Austin.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Liv Austin,

I hope that your issue is resolved and your question has been answered with the helpful information @andewhite has provided.

If you do require further assistance, you can let us know here and we can help you out.

Kash

I requested for PAC from giffgaff and provided to ID mobile while ordering SIM. I have received my sim from ID and started using yesterday evening. However, it still shows the new number, not my old number. I tried to do it again using the mobile app under my services to submit all that is needed to keep my old giffgaff number but shows error. What can I do as I had already supplied them with PAC when placed order?

Thanks 

Tesfaye

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I requested for PAC from giffgaff and provided to ID mobile while ordering SIM. I have received my sim from ID and started using yesterday evening. However, it still shows the new number, not my old number. I tried to do it again using the mobile app under my services to submit all that is needed to keep my old giffgaff number but shows error. What can I do as I had already supplied them with PAC when placed order?

Thanks 

Tesfaye

A PAC is valid for 30-days once issued and only be used once.
If you try and use your PAC online again, you’ll get an error message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tesfaye Korsa 

If the PAC was already submitted during purchase the port should be underway, were you given a date to when this would happen?

When did you purchase from us?

Tom

I purchased on 30 April 2023. Order reference number is [REDACTED]. Transaction number is [REDACTED]. The old number I wanted to keep is [REDACTED]. My query will be resolved only when I manage to keep my old number. People are unable to get in touch with me at the moment. Thanks for your attention anyway Tom.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tesfaye Korsa 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?