Question

late payment

• 1 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello, I've gone overdrawn in my bank account and I'm wondering if there will be a charge, as I think a payment might be due tomorrow. I've spoken to my bank and they won't charge me but I don't know where ID Mobile stand on this. I get paid next week so the money could leave my account then. Please let me know. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @jordanlh88,

Did your bank say that they would honour the forthcoming DD request from iD?

Anyway here’s what iD say about the matter:

What happens if my Direct Debit fails?

If your Direct Debit is rejected by your bank, we’ll attempt to take the payment five days later. If the second payment attempt is rejected, the Direct Debit will be cancelled, and we’ll require a manual payment by credit or debit card.

More information is online at: 

Paying your mobile phone bill | Join the discussion, ask questions, share advice. (idmobile.co.uk)

Good luck!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello @jordanlh88 thanks for getting in touch.

As advised above, if your Direct Debit is rejected by your bank, we’ll attempt to take the payment five days later. If the second payment attempt is rejected, the Direct Debit will be cancelled, and we’ll require a manual payment by credit or debit card.

Please note, your line may be barred if payment is not made.

Thank you, yeah that's the clarification I needed. Hopefully I get paid in the first five days after the payment probably would have been rejected. I think the payment originally would have been for the 3rd and I get paid on the 7th, so yeah fingers crossed there shouldn't be an issue. 

And no, my bank suggested that they couldn't do anything about the payment, they said they wouldn't charge me for going overdrawn but any other action would be purely down to ID Mobile and there would be nothing my bank could do about that. Shouldn't be an issue though, I think there's only 4 days between the payment being due and me getting paid so I hope the money is just taken out once there's money in my account, Tuesday next week. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @jordanlh88,

I can’t see it happening, but any issues with it being taken on Tuesday, please drop us a message here and we’ll pick it up for you right away.

Will

Hi my bill wasn't paid and suspended my account, I paid it within minutes of it suspending my account now it's 9 hours later and it won't let me call anyone when I call people it says you have an outstanding payment of £0.00 and if I need any further support to call 7777 which I've done 3 times and I can't call people or use my data or text??

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Summer Godfrey,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Why iD Mobile?