Question

Late Payment - Mark on credit file.

• 28 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Recently my ID mobile account was closed and I went into a debt repayment plan with 1st Locate and I paid the amount of money I was asked to pay for 4 months so my account was closed out.

This morning I get an alert that ID mobile has marked on my credit file that I have missed a payment for £4.51.

I have had no emails, letters or warnings about this money and I have complied with everything asked of me when I was paying 1st Locate.

Why wasn’t this added to my debt management plan with them?

I don’t feel this is fair and I would like the missed payment mark removed from my credit file, as I have logged in and made the payment after discovering this issue in my Experian credit report.

I don’t understand how something like this happens, surely the £4.51 could have been added to payment plan over the months I was paying it.

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you're on a debt management plan, the payment you make each month will usually be less than the minimum amount you initially agreed to when you took the debt out. A DMP could affect your credit rating, even if your creditors are happy to accept the DMP.

Log in to your iD Mobile account and look at your final bill. Does it say when this amount was generated and what it was for? It’s likely for line rental for a period of time after the Locate DMP was agreed.

I understand the plan can affect my credit rating and I accept that, but I completed the plan to pay off the last amount of money I owed to ID mobile.

This is an extra amount of money they are asking for after the plan and I have had no contact emails or letters saying I owe anything else after completing the payments, which I feel is unfair.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

This is an extra amount of money they are asking for after the plan and I have had no contact emails or letters saying I owe anything else after completing the payments, which I feel is unfair.

Do you not have online access to your id Mobile account? You are informed of an outstanding amount in the form of an invoice.

Regardless, this will require account access and intervention by an id Mobile employee. You’re probably better off waiting for a reply from one here rather than speaking with live chat. It may take a couple of days though! Good luck 👍🏻

I do have access to the ID mobile portal, but my account was passed to 1st Locate and I assumed that they would be dealing with the account.

For instance they told me my account was being closed and passed to this company, why should I need to login to the ID mobile portal, when 1stLocate took over the remaining payments on the account?

Also previously I have received emails telling me they required me to make a payment, I don’t feel that this has been handled very well at all, because if I owed £4.51 they could have added this to the four payments I made with 1st Locate.

I have made every payment on time as soon as my account was handed over to them, why would I not pay £4.51 when I have paid hundreds of pounds it doesn’t make any sense to me.

I also understand that this would have impact on my credit file, but this missed payment for Feburary could have been avoided if ID mobile got their act together.

Thanks for your reply, hopefully someone at ID will come back to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @tashidm,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?