Question

Line rental Increase CPI

• 17 April 2023
  • 7 replies

My line rental has increased and the information on the website states:

“The April 2023 CPI +3.9% adjustment will apply if you've upgraded to or purchased a new iD Mobile 24-month handset plan on or after the 1st of November 2022 & before the 1st of February 2023.

If you are affected by the 2023 price adjustments, you'll receive a text from us in March 2023 confirming the exact adjustment that will be applied to your April 2023 bill onwards.”

My contract started 03/11/2021 so should mine have increased?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Laura22 

As your contract began on 03/11/21 your plan would be subject to RPI rates which this April would put any plan up by 13.4%.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/rpi

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Then you PAC out without any early termination fees on 03/11/23 or give 30 days notice on 4/10/23.

it started 03/11/21 for 2 years

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Never mind, I’ve spotted the difference in the rates used. As i’m on an older contract i’m subject to RPI increases instead of CPI. So I will have a 13.4% increase in my line rental.

What is the earliest I will be able to cancel my contract without fees?

On what date did your agreement start and how long was it for? 

Never mind, I’ve spotted the difference in the rates used. As i’m on an older contract i’m subject to RPI increases instead of CPI. So I will have a 13.4% increase in my line rental.

What is the earliest I will be able to cancel my contract without fees?

It has a sub note saying:

Note: If you're on an iD plan purchased before 1st Nov 2022, your plan costs won't be affected by this years' CPI +3.9% fixed price adjustment.

So should the increase be the 10.1% CPI only?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, yes @Laura22.

Double-check the terms & conditions of your 24-month handset contract @Laura22 - an annual price increase is covered in section 12.23, and uses RPI only in the uplift formula. 

Why iD Mobile?