Question

Line rental Increase CPI

• 17 April 2023
  • 7 replies

My line rental has increased and the information on the website states:

“The April 2023 CPI +3.9% adjustment will apply if you've upgraded to or purchased a new iD Mobile 24-month handset plan on or after the 1st of November 2022 & before the 1st of February 2023.

If you are affected by the 2023 price adjustments, you'll receive a text from us in March 2023 confirming the exact adjustment that will be applied to your April 2023 bill onwards.”

My contract started 03/11/2021 so should mine have increased?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, yes @Laura22.

Double-check the terms & conditions of your 24-month handset contract @Laura22 - an annual price increase is covered in section 12.23, and uses RPI only in the uplift formula. 

It has a sub note saying:

Note: If you're on an iD plan purchased before 1st Nov 2022, your plan costs won't be affected by this years' CPI +3.9% fixed price adjustment.

So should the increase be the 10.1% CPI only?

Never mind, I’ve spotted the difference in the rates used. As i’m on an older contract i’m subject to RPI increases instead of CPI. So I will have a 13.4% increase in my line rental.

What is the earliest I will be able to cancel my contract without fees?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Never mind, I’ve spotted the difference in the rates used. As i’m on an older contract i’m subject to RPI increases instead of CPI. So I will have a 13.4% increase in my line rental.

What is the earliest I will be able to cancel my contract without fees?

On what date did your agreement start and how long was it for? 

it started 03/11/21 for 2 years

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Then you PAC out without any early termination fees on 03/11/23 or give 30 days notice on 4/10/23.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Laura22 

As your contract began on 03/11/21 your plan would be subject to RPI rates which this April would put any plan up by 13.4%.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/rpi

Tom

Why iD Mobile?