Question

Loss of service after number port

• 26 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Requested a number port after leaving my old network 14/03, this was to be completed by 15/03. During the afternoon my old account with the other network was closed and not long after my sim switched from full service to no service with 'emergency calls only' appearing. I have been on to the complaints team every day since but still no solution. A blank sim was sent out a week after the issue was raised and the number transferred but this hasn't worked either. I tried an O2 sim in the handset and it worked fine with full service, 4g etc. Looks like I've been disconnected from the network during the port, any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

That’s not good! Could be a split port…

Anyway, this will require account access and if it is a split port, ID Mobile are the ones who need to raise the issue with the porting team. Normally I would point you in the direction of the Live Chat team as that would be the quickest route to seek support, but I think you're better off having one of the forum staff look at your account. Hopefully you won’t have to wait too long. Good luck! 🤞 

Thanks Paul, live chat team just keep telling me they've escalated it and it will be another 48 hours, 264 hours later and no sight of a resolution; complete shambles internally.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Sianine, sorry to hear about this, sounds like a bit of a nightmare. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

16 days and virtually no help from ID mobile, absolute joke. I've seen some other users with the same issue, anyone out there know what the issue could be? SMS works but not internet or calls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Sianine,

We are replying to all customers as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?