Solved

Lost my SMS icon and all my messages

• 26 October 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

Had to get a new phone because of the switch to Volte. But can’t find my messages icon or any of my messages. 

Put Sim back in the old phone , messages still there as well as Icon.

New phone is Samsung Galaxy AO4e, any one know what’s happening?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 26 October 2023, 20:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you transferred the data from your old phone to your new phone @Peterz2103?

The user guide, for your new SAMSUNG phone, should explain how to transfer all the data (e.g. messages etc.) from the old phone to the new phone.

Userlevel 1

Only transfer offered is Samsung-Samsung or Samsung-Iphone.

Old phone was is a HTC. No option for transferring data.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is the HTC an Android or Windows Mobile device @Peterz2103

If it uses Android, you might be able to install the Samsung Smart Switch mobile app (from the Play Store) on the HTC device. 

Another potential issue might be that the Galaxy AO4e isn’t approved for use with the iD Mobile network @Peterz2103

Check online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets

Userlevel 1

ID have really disappointed me. Who would've guessed that they've got an approved list. 

We're SIM only. Bought 2 new phones. Only to find out that having Volte is not enough.  

Going to Curry's, perhaps their techies can sort it. If not it's a new provider that will accept our phones. What a palaver. 

Been with ID  for years. Never had this sort of lack of customer care. They knew were SIM  only. They could've informed us that there's an approved list.

Not impressed.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @Peterz2103, iD customer service can be woeful on occasions, though that seems to be fairly commonplace places these days. 

Hopefully Currys tech staff can get you sorted - I’ve heard they’ve all got beards, and in addition received 40-hours of training. 

Userlevel 1

Installed the Smartswitch on the old phone. Waiting for it to charge. Then I’ll give it a shot. Watch this space. 👍

Userlevel 1

No Joy. I’m leaving ID. Been with them since year one. To be treated like this is a disgrace.

Thanks for all your replies. Shan’t be checking this conversation anymore. Bye all. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Peterz2103,

We are sorry to hear about this.

Please let us know if you require assistance and we will be happy to get the issue looked into.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Too little, too late. Waiting for new SIM from another provider. If they’re OK then the wife will be leaving you as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Peterz2103,

Sorry to hear that.

If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

🤣🤣🤣You are kidding me? You didn’t actually do anything. Had more support from the community than ever did from ID.

So no, I shan’t be ticking “most helpful” 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Peterz2103 

Okay, good luck with your new provider.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?