mast problems with making & receiving calls

• 21 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Ive been told by ID to find another provider as they cannot give me a date that the mast will be fixed. Currently I cannot make or receive calls at home up to about half mile away. I have a signal & nothing else is affected. 2 friends, one with 3 & the other with ID do not have my problem when they're in my home. So I'm trying to find the answer as I don't really want to leave ID. Any help would be welcome. Thanks

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried a replacement iD SIM card @Gillmoll? 

Otherwise, if the signal issue is only at your home, and you have a home Wi-Fi network, have you tried using the iD WiFi Calling service?

Userlevel 1

Thanks. I don't have WF calling. Problem is outside area as well. I do have a signal & can make calls anywhere but my small area. Sim is my next stop but I've been told that is not the problem. Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are you using a handset that’s listed as approved for the iD Mobile network?

Check online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gillmoll 

If you’ve not already tried a replacement SIM card that may be worth a try, however if we’ve said that we’re not the right network for you in your area it may be best to find another network, sorry about this.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks Tom, I've been to 3 shop today & they've said it can't be a mast problem. Either Sim or phone so I have picked up a new Sim card to try today. I was only told by ID to find another provider as they couldn't tell me when the mast would be fixed & presumably wanted to resolve my complaint which is still ongoing.  They said it could be days or months!!

Userlevel 1

Thanks andewhite, I've picked up a new Sim card to try so hopefully that will work. Thanks for the list of approved handsets which I didn't know existed. My Motorola is on the list. I'll post when I've resolved the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gillmoll 

Let us know how you get on with the replacement SIM card.

Tom

Userlevel 1

The new Sim card has been activated but I still have the same problem!! No calls around my area but if I drive a bit further it works. So is it my phone & why would that be? Mast problem is still in the area. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gillmoll 

If a replacement SIM card has been tried this would lead us to believe this is either a device issue or a general signal issue, I’d recommend trying the SIM card in another device to see if issues persist.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?