Question

Messaging issue

• 18 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi - I have had a problem sending a message to a new contact.  I hit send and a message appears “Can’t send message with ID - error 0.  I have tried numerous times, both at home and away from home and still get the same message.  I created a new contact for a number with the prefix 07545 and also re-entered the details using 44…….. rather than 0.  I can send messages to already created contacts.  I’ve also re-started the phone. The only clue is that I have had a new phone (Samsung)since last September and as I tend to use WhatsApp a lot don’t think I’ve created any new contacts using the old phone (Nokia).  I can see others have raised this issue and been given some advice but I’m not sure where to find the solution suggested.  I’d appreciate your help, thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is the number you’re trying to SMS included in your plan’s text allowance, @AHutton54?

Not all 07 numbers are included by iD Mobile in text allowances. 

See online https://media.secure-mobiles.com/idmobile/documents/non-standard-07-numbers-v2.pdf.

Userlevel 2

Many thanks for that - I don't know. I thought it was an 02 mobile number. I have a friend who has the same number prefix but haven't texted her recently. I can try her number but will also look later at the link you've sent. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @AHutton54, is it possible to try the SIM in a different phone to see if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

It may also be worthwhile resetting your network settings. This can help.

For Android; Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

-Lauren

Userlevel 2

Thank you for that Lauren, Will give that a go.

Userlevel 2

Thanks v much to everyone who replied  - I will try again using your suggestions.

Why iD Mobile?