Question

Mortgage declined due to default I didn't know about. Online chat is a disaster, please help.

• 3 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I’ve had a mortgage application bounce back due to this issue. 

I had two company phones paid for by the company but in a personal name. 

I began the sales process in October 21 and completed in Jan 22. 

The phones payments were stopped during this process and the accounts have gone into default.  

I have had no input with the company since Jan.  

I had a mortgage application bounce back due to £15 of bad debt.  I called up and settled the debt with ID as soon as i found out.   I have had no letter no default notice received to my home address. 

Ive tried dealing with the online chat team - tricky to say the least. 

I need help asap please. 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @8ojk8, try getting in-touch with the iD customer service team using facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message - DM). 

The iD agents work until 8pm weekdays.

It’s unlikely you’ll be able to remove the fact about your missed payment from your credit file - good luck though @8ojk8.

Userlevel 1

Cheers Ande.  The online chat person is saying the default will be cleared after 30 days.  It’s been escalated to the credit amendment team. 

But I really do not hold much faith in what they say.  It’s very robotic. 

I can see this is a very common issue.

I still feel I need help to be honest :(

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @8ojk8 - I’m not an iD employee.

The live chat agents might not have a good understanding of how missed payment and outstanding debt reporting works.

Have you tried speaking to iD customer service through their social media pages?

Get in-touch using facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message - DM). 

You may need to contact the credit reference agency iD use.

🤞

Userlevel 1

It’s just an absolute disaster to be honest and essentially pointless.  

I cant talk to anyone on the phone, and instant chat they say lots of stuff to end the chat as soon as possible and then disappear.   When I cite statements from the online chat transcript I can imagine they’ll say it was a mistake/error and not that case.  

I’ve contacted through FB and awaiting coms from them. 

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It’s just an absolute disaster to be honest and essentially pointless.  

I cant talk to anyone on the phone, and instant chat they say lots of stuff to end the chat as soon as possible and then disappear.   When I cite statements from the online chat transcript I can imagine they’ll say it was a mistake/error and not that case.  

I’ve contacted through FB and awaiting coms from them. 

Thanks for your help

In my experience the social media team do seem to provide better customer service.

No need for multiple chat transcripts either - anyway, good luck @8ojk8.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @8ojk8,

If you have contacted us already via Facebook we’d have picked this up and provide a response as soon as possible to advise on this.

Glad to hear you’ve been able to get in touch.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?