Question

Moved from EE to ID and cant receive calls or text messages

• 29 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have moved from EE to ID its been over three days since I received a message in the ID app saying my number has been transferred but I cant receive calls or text messages.

Its a Samsung Galaxy A32 5G

If I call the transferred number from another phone its as if its been disconnected and just cuts out. I can make calls from the new phone and it shows the transferred number on other phones.

In Contacts I have updated the number in my profile section. 

Within settings and Access Point Names I have reset to default ID

I'm not blocking any numbers and have good reception.

I have tried the SIM in another phone and the same things happen. I can call out out - but not receive calls or texts.

When I make a call it says - Conditional Call Forwarding Active but I believe this is switched off.

Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated I have been waiting for help but nothing from ID yet and I need to my phone to work! 😒

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you setup conditional call forwarding on your (new) handset before you ported from EE to iD?

Userlevel 1

Hi no I’ve never used conditional forwarding, anything else I could try?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Try dialing ##002# and then see if you can receive calls.

Userlevel 1

Thanks WelshPaul I've tried that its erased any call forwarding but sadly no still cant receive calls or texts 😥

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Sounds like a failed or split port tbh. There isn't anything you can do yourself other than to get iD Mobile to raise a ticket and get it fixed.

Bear in mind that ports don't get processed on a weekend, or bank holiday. A Split port can take up to 72 hours to resolve. This is because iD Mobile need to contact the EE porting team who in turn will send iD Mobile the required files to complete the port. You're very likely going to be without incoming calls and texts until the end of next week now! 😔

Userlevel 1

Thanks WelshPaul sounds like you know what your talking about! fingers crossed ID sort it out ASAP Thanks again for your help. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks WelshPaul sounds like you know what your talking about! fingers crossed ID sort it out ASAP Thanks again for your help. 

The iD forum team are several days behind reading posts and given it could take up to 72 hours to fix a split port, you might want to use the iD Live Chat service or their social media pages on facebook or twitter to get a faster response to your problem.

I recommend contacting iD between 9am and 6pm so you speak to a person and not a bot. 
When using live chat, type “talk to a person” after connecting to avoid the 24/7 bot.

Anyway good luck and I hope it gets sorted.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @CSRichmond, just checking in to see if you managed to get this sorted?

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?