Solved

Moved from iD Mobile to Sky to iD Mobile, can I keep my number and use my old account?

• 4 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I’ve just been told by an advisor that this is not possible but just wanted to check…

I recently switched from ID to SKY but now want to come back to ID mobile (wifi calling). i have already ordered a sim and have it here but when i see my online account it has my old number (the one i want to bring back) and says i have a limited view of the account for 6m. 

Is there really no way to bring back the mobile number to ID mobile?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Tom 6 October 2022, 12:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Did you port your old number from iD Mobile to SKY or did you cancel your iD Mobile account completely? If you ported the number over to SKY then ask SKY for a PAC and port it back to your new iD Mobile SIM. If you closed it completely and didn’t port out the number then you won’t be able to get your old number back. 

Regarding your old iD Mobile account… You won’t be able to use it again, you have to create a new one. I know, sucks right!

Yeah I ported the number to sky but I'm told I can't port it back because my old account still has this number associated with. Seems stupid to me, they are effectively excluding anyone coming back to the network. What's the solution with the account then? Just a new email address?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah I ported the number to sky but I'm told I can't port it back because my old account still has this number associated with. Seems stupid to me, they are effectively excluding anyone coming back to the network. What's the solution with the account then? Just a new email address?

Yes @Nanchild, you’ll need to use a new email address.

Had the same problem when I left iD (using a PAC). Later, I rejoined (using another provider’s PAC) within 6 months of leaving.

This sequence of events seemed to have caused issues at iD, because my original account is still not closed - its 6 month limited access period has long since passed.

I guess you’ve got to expect a few problems when iD’s plans are so cheap - they’re saving money somewhere.

Anyway, good luck @Nanchild

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Nanchild 

You should absolutely be able to port your number back to us, as long as the number is coming from a different network we should be able to port it over.

However as the account and plan are technically new and not a restoration of the old plan you would need to register on the iD Mobile app using a username/email address that hasn’t been used previously with a registered app/website account.

Tom

Argh. I did ask the guy if I'd be able to port it to a different account but he said that he wouldn't recommend it as I could loose the number forever. I've got some VOXI Sims coming now, if they fail maybe I will give ID another go. Cheers all!

Why iD Mobile?