Question

Muted phonecall

• 24 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I have had my ID Mobile since December and recently I have had an issue with making and receiving phone calls. The issue is I am muted and the other line cannot hear me. I put the phone down and then make the phone call and it works 

I have checked the sim coverage and all ok, also same on another phone

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds odd @Elizabeth Godfrey.

• Does this happen in one location, or is it happening wherever you use your handset?
  • What handset do you normally use?
  • What other handsets have you used with your iD SIM card to reproduce the problem?

The network coverage is based on a computer model - sometimes actual coverage, in any given location, isn’t the same as the coverage prediction.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Elizabeth Godfrey 

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with calls, I would always suggest trying the SIM in a different device to make sure the device isn’t the issue, I’m assuming you have tried and the other device with the iD SIM inside still also had issues?

This could be down to coverage, I see you mentioned you checked that too, did you check for outages in our area via the Three Network Status checker?

As @andewhite asks, does this happen in all areas when using the SIM or is it a specific area only?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?