Solved

Mutimedia

Userlevel 2

Hi there,

Can someone help me, as I have given up with the online chat, as it is not a chat with a human but a machine, I never have any luck.

This is what you say under multimedia: This is what my ID Mobile network says: If you enjoy sending multimedia messages, why not use a popular app like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger? Chat apps like these use your phone’s internet connection, so if you’re on Wi-Fi it won’t cost you anything. If you send an MMS when you’re out about, the data you use will simply come out of your monthly allowance.

When I am at home, I can send photos etc. as it comes under my allowance.  In my new job, I have to take and send photos daily, of my stall to my manager.  I won’t be home, but outside.  I will send the photos my Whats App or Messenger.  Will I have to oay 30p each time to do this or will this be included in my data allowance? I don’t want any unexpected charges.  Can someone please confirm.  Thank you.  Maria :-)

icon

Best answer by andewhite 14 April 2022, 13:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Maria C Heath any pictures or videos sent through apps such as Whatsapp and Messenger will come out of your set allowances and you will not be charged additionally for this.

hope this helps :) 

Emil

Userlevel 2

Thank you so much.  So I can send photos or videos, whilst outside on my 4G (and not at home) and I will not be charge the additional 30p? So will this come out of my data allowance then, on my monthly allowance?  Can you confirm?

Sorry to be a pain, I never knew this.  Many thanks.  Maria :-)

The only reason why I ask, is that I keep getting this pop up on my messages:

Multimedia messages are not included in allowances or Add-ons and are charged at 30p per message. See our MMS page for more details: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/mms-charges

Very confusing :-)

Userlevel 2

The only reason why I ask, is that I keep getting this pop up on my messages:

Multimedia messages are not included in allowances or Add-ons and are charged at 30p per message. See our MMS page for more details: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/mms-charges

Very confusing :-)

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Maria C Heatha, any pictures sent via your phone’s built-in Messages app will be sent as an MMS, which cost 30p each. However, if you use a third-party app like WhatsApp or Messenger, it will be sent over the internet instead, and so will use up your data allowance. Unless of course you’re connected to Wi-Fi, in which case, it’s completely free and won’t use any allowances.

So, in conclusion, stick to WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger for sending images. 

Hope that makes sense!

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 2

Hello there,

I hope you can help me. I'm not at home and need to send some photos via email with some text. Will that be part of my data plan or extra? Can you confirm.  Thank you.  Maria 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Maria C Heath,

Sending an email with pictures, using your phone, will use your iD mobile data, unless you’ve connected to a Wi-Fi network.

Mobile data use comes from your plan data, unless you’ve used your monthly data allowance.

Good luck. 

Userlevel 2

Thank you so much. So I won't get charged 30p extra for sending email via mobile, when out. Is that right, all part of data allowance, is that right?

For future reference, when does one pay the additional 30p? Is it just when using Messages etc. I know WhatsApp and Messenger, are part of data allowance, when out and about.

Thank you

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Maria C Heath,

The 30p would be if you send your picture or pictures using a text message.

When you add a picture to a text message it automatically changes from an SMS to an MMS - iD Mobile charge 30p whenever you send an MMS.

WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger are good ways of sending pictures WITHOUT incurring a 30p charge.

Good luck!

Userlevel 2

You're a star.

Thank you for clarifying.

Take care. Maria 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Maria C Heath,

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 2

All resolved, thank you very much Kash :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Maria C Heath,

Glad to hear that.

Why iD Mobile?