Solved

My iPhone is showing a wrong number under the "Phone" menu

• 13 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I transferred from EE to ID recently.  My number has transferred correctly, but under the “Phone” setting, it is showing the phone number of the ID sim before my number was transferred.

I have tried turning iMessage off and on again, and have tried editing the number under “My Number”, but when I click “Save”, it reverts to the old ID number again.

From what I understand this is a common error and can only be fixed by having a replacement sim?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 13 June 2022, 16:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try the following @Keroro1979:

1. Turn OFF iMessage (Settings > Messages), and turn OFF FaceTime (Settings > FaceTime).
  2. Turn OFF your iPhone - leave it OFF for at least 10 minutes.
  3. Turn ON your iPhone.
  4. Tap Settings > Apple ID > Name, Phone Numbers, Email > CONTACTABLE AT and confirm the correct mobile number is shown. If it's not correct, use the Edit option to "Add email or phone number".
  5. Turn ON iMessage (Settings > Messages), and turn ON FaceTime (Settings > FaceTime).
  6. Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed against “Start new conversations from:” - if not select the correct number.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

I’ve already done all of those.  It’s showing correctly everywhere except under “Phone” for some reason!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Keroro1979, what’s not working following your number port?

Incoming and outgoing calls?

Sending and receiving text messages? 

Userlevel 1

Everything is working, except the number under “Phone” is the ID phone number, not the one they switched.  My iMessage says it can use my correct number but only for 4 days as it does not match the one associated with the phone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What iOS is your iPhone running?

Userlevel 1

It’s 15.5

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried a Network Reset?

If you’re using iOS or iPadOS 15 or later then:

• Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This will also reset any Wi-Fi networks and passwords, mobile data settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

Brilliant, that’s fixed it, thank you!

Why iD Mobile?