Question

My messages won’t work after changing to ID

I have recently swapped to ID and my messages won’t send correctly, I see this issue has been spoken about for over 2 years now and I see there is a work around. However this settle for a workaround is not good enough.

I say it’s not good enough as the workaround doesn’t even work in my case. I have turned off iMessage (which I shouldn’t have to) to send messages. 

This is the exact issue I’m having:

I send a message, the message goes through, however I get a Green bar as to say it still sending, in this time I cannot send any more messages and then get a “cannot be delivered” notification after every message I send. Along with this messages can take up to 10-15 minutes to send!

Any help would be appreciated as I’m considering dropping ID after only experiencing the services for a day, which I ideally don’t want to have to do

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Liam Burkinshaw, the iMessage service is 100% provided by Apple, independently of iD Mobile and their mobile network.

Have you contacted Apple for support @Liam Burkinshaw
Their UK technical support contact number is: 0800 107 6285. Alternatively visit any Apple store for assistance.

There’s more information online at https://www.apple.com/uk/contact/ - scroll down the page until you see “Product and Services Support”.

Respectfully, I’m not contacting Apple regarding a SIM issue provided by a 3rd party vendor, they would send me right out of the door.

iMessage is not the issue, iMessage is turned off as per all the guided “workarounds” stated by other agents. The issue is when I send messages from my new SIM provided by ID, I am both spammed with “this message cannot be delivered” and a loading Green bar as to state a message has not been sent, despite the fact is has been sent and then the Green bar subsequently preventing any further messaging.

Thank you for your suggestion though 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay thanks @Liam Burkinshaw.

So iMessage wasn’t working, which meant you turned off iMessage, hoping the SMS service from the mobile network provider would allow you to send text messages?

Did you transfer your number to iD?
If so, could you send messages after joining iD, before your mobile number was transferred to iD?

Correction, iMessage has always worked, it’s never been an issue. However MMS does not support iMessage for sending messages outside of iPhones.

My issue is when I swapped to ID (used a PAC code to keep my old number) whenever I send messages, it comes back as not delivered, and I get a Green bar indicating the message is still sending despite it being sent, however, as the Green bar is still present no other messages can be sent.

iMessage was only mentioned as I’ve seen so many others comment on having this same issue and then being told they needed to turn iMessage off for it to work. However this didn’t work for me and nor should it be a reliable solution 

I also didn’t use the number provided by ID as I’ve had mine for many years and it would be foolish to swap every number I’ve given out. I have used mine that was activated with the PAC code

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If the iMessage service works, was there a reason for not using iMessage on your iPhone @Liam Burkinshaw.

Most iPhone users seem to prefer using iMessage. 

With all due respect Ande, you’re not the greatest listener. 

I will now mark in caps to express the issue. 

THE MSM MESSAGES DO NOT WORK USING ID MOBILES SIM CARD. I HAVE RESEARCHED ON THE HELP FORUM HERE AND THE SUPPOSED WORKAROUND STATES TURN OFF IMESSAGE AND SMS MESSAGES SHOULD WORK AGAIN. THEY DO NOT WORK. 

Hopefully this makes it a little clearer for you after the third time stating this 

SMS messages**

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry you feel that way @Liam Burkinshaw.

Many of the iPhone troubleshooting articles/posts in this help forum suggest turning iMessage OFF when you have issues sending iMessages.

You’ve already said iMessage is working, so trying to understand why iMessage is turned off?

Anyway, I hope you’re able to get your issue fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Liam Burkinshaw,

Please let us know if you require further assistance and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Hi Andewhite, I apologise for being rude. 

iMessage was working but the other form of messaging wasn’t. I wanted normal text messages which come with the ID contract under “unlimited texts”. Essentially I wasn’t getting unlimited texts, i was getting 0 as after my initial query here, the error messages became permanent and i could no longer send text messages. 

iMessage being turned off was entirely due to it being a claimed “workaround” for the text messages not working. Not to worry though, I lasted a good day on ID before swapping providers 

Hi Kash, no thanks. You’re too late and this provider nearly blocked me from working as the services provided are so intermittently reliable amongst users. 

Would rather pay the leavers fee than stick around. This is unfortunate as the SIM was a trial to see how ID was before getting a phone contract here. I would recommend looking into the many repeated issues users are having and further developing the services provided 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for your feedback and I’m sorry to hear you have or will be leaving.

We do appreciate your feedback regarding the service.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?