Question

My services have veen cut off

• 15 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Can someone help me,

My services have been cut off. I recently did an over the phone upgrade plan and the lady told me I didn't need a new sim as it would continue as normal. I got a text that said my new sim would be activated and take an hour but it has been more than 24 hours and my services are all cut off, I can't call, text or use my data. It's a disgrace really. A supervisor told me today that I needed to wait for a new sim to arrive? So am I missing something? 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @V_n570,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have upgraded from a handset contract to a SIM only contract a new SIM may have been sent.

You can collect a replacement SIM from your local Curry’s and activate that if you don’t wish to wait.

Kash

I was told I could not use my phone my limit was up I really don’t understand 

I was told my li

it was up while I was making g a. Call I don’t understand how 

Userlevel 4
Badge

I was told I could not use my phone my limit was up I really don’t understand 

Hi @Elizabeth Lewis. When you’re on a call, do you get the error message saying that you’ve used all your allowance despite the minutes being unlimited?

If so, are you able to try resetting your network settings to see if this helps? I’ve left the steps on how to do this below:

For iPhone; Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For Android; Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?