Solved

Need Manufacturer Unlock Code ?

• 28 September 2022
  • 14 replies

I have taken on my daughters phone as my battery life had gotten really poor, it is the same model a Samsung Galaxy A71. When I inserted the ID Mobile SIM I was asked for a PIN number which I thought was my PIN so I entered it. It said it was wrong so I assumed I had typed it wrong so entered it again. Again it said it was wrong so I figured it must want a different PIN so I googled and it said the default code was 1234 so I tried this.

The phone now says it needs an MCK code which I googled and it says it is a Manufacturer unlock code.

The phone was previously on Vodafone so I got my daughter to ring them to see if they had the unlock code, they sent her a Network unlock code but this does not unlock the phone.

I phoned Samsung and they said that yes the phone would be Manufacturer locked as the Network Lock Code had been entered wrongly 3 times (Turns out I should have got and entered a Network Unlock code first of all and I wouldn't be in this mess). Samsung will not provide MCK codes to the public but only provide them to my Network Provider ID Mobile.

So my question is how can I get ID Mobile to speak to Samsung to get my Manufacturer unlock code.

I have been pulling my hair out trying to get this sorted.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 28 September 2022, 14:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You will need to get the code from Vodafone.

Vodafone have already said it is nothing to do with them and Samsung “The Manufacturer” have said they would only provide it to my Network Provider ID Mobile.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Vodafone have already said it is nothing to do with them and Samsung “The Manufacturer” have said they would only provide it to my Network Provider ID Mobile.

Okay @Jozz65, was your daughter’s phone bought through Vodafone, on a Vodafone phone contract?

The Samsung A71 isn't a recent handset - was it purchased before 17-Dec-2021?

If yes to both, then your daughter’s phone is probably locked to the Vodafone network. You’ll need a network unlock code from Vodafone, despite what they’ve been saying.

Anyway, good luck @Jozz65.

Andewhite

As I said, we got a Network Unlock Code from Vodafone and it Does Not Work.
Samsung have already said the phone is Manufacturer Locked.

The phone was Network Locked and if I had put the Network Unlock Code in correctly at this point all would have been fine but I put the wrong code in multiple times which made the phone Manufacturer Lock.

You can understand why I am pulling my hair out because I keep having to explain this same story again and again and I'm getting nowhere.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Jozz65, just trying to help.

I’d imagine your daughter’s phone is still network locked, in addition to being manufacturer locked.

Only Vodafone can give you the network unlock code for your daughter’s phone.

As only Vodafone can do this, it’d seem sensible to ask Vodafone to liaise with Samsung for the manufacturer unlock code.

Perhaps sensible doesn’t come into the equation though - good luck anyway @Jozz65.

Andewhite

As I said before, Vodafone have already given us a Network unlock code which does not work. It was at this point that I spoke to Samsung who said we needed a Manufacturer Unlock Code from them. I asked If we would need a Network Unlock code after this and they said No the MCK would be all we would need.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Jozz65, thanks for the additional information; however, I’ve no idea how you’ll get this sorted.

I’d have though Vodafone was your best option, since they sold your daughter a network locked phone. I think they’ve got an obligation to the customer who bought the phone, to help them unlock that phone.

Just my opinion though - I don’t work for iD Mobile.

Maybe OFCOM rules cover this issue - good luck anyway.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jozz65

If the handset was purchased from Vodafone and locked to the Vodafone network, only Vodafone would be able to assist with this.

Unfortunately iD Mobile wouldn’t be able to assist with any lock set by the original seller.

Kash

Kash

The phone is not Network Locked

It is Manufacturer Locked

Samsung is the Manufacturer

Samsung will only give the MCK (Manufacturer Unlock Code) to my Network Providert

ID Mobile is My Network Provider

I wish people would read all the comments following the original as I keep explaining this.

I seem to be caught in some Parallel Universe CATCH 22 situation here 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Nikhil P could you look at this one as we don’t unlock Samsung handsets from my knowledge?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Jozz65

I’ve reached out to our Tech Team to see if they can help. We’ll hopefully have a resolution for you shortly. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Jozz65,

We escalated this to our TechTeam and spoke with a contact at Samsung directly.

Unfortunately, Samsung advised they can’t provide us with an unlock code and you would need to contact Vodafone to unlock the device.

Mohammed

Mohammed

OK thanks for trying. Weird as Samsung told me they would only give it to my network provider.

I'm back in Limbo as Vodafone wont help me as I'm not a Vodafone customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jozz65,

We are sorry to hear that.

If it was originally purchase from Vodafone they should be able to help further.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?