Question

Network coverage

• 24 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I took out a 24 months contract with ID mobile starting in December 2021. It’s seems it was a big mistake. The network is soo bad that all my customers and friends are complaining. 99% of the time, the line is faint, and the call will just end shortly saying “calling fail.” Worst of it, the internet is so bad and I’m having just 1bar on an iPhone 12pro. Because I’m self employed and use my phone on daily bases to keep in touch with my customer I resort in buying a new sim from another provider so as to make important calls. Is there any way I can cancel the contract with ID mobile and return their phone including the sim?

Any advised will be greatly appreciated 

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You had 30 days to cancel and return the goods if you weren't happy with the phone or service. As this time frame has passed, you're commitment stands.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply. That means I have to be committed for the remainder of the contract or pay off the remainder of the contract if the coverage doesn’t improves and I want to terminate the contract early? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Correct. 👍

Hello,

I just wondered if you had this issue resolved by ID or maybe found a solution yourself? I am having the exact same issue and it  is beyond frustrating !! Especially since we rely on phone calls so much in these times. I would love to speak with someone but it only seems to be bots. Wish I had just paid a little more each month for guaranteed signal - I am paying for a phone I can’t even receive calls on. Didn’t seem to notice in the 30 day window as I was working from home and calls were over wifi.

Thanks in advance  

Userlevel 1

Hello, the issue hasn’t being resolve. Just had to buy a new sim from another network to make important calls with especially when mobile.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @abbyb98, @Ndangoh, what does the coverage checker say for your area? Have you also entered your postcode at the service status checker to see if there are any temporary issues in your area?

We can’t always guarantee a good signal indoors, so you may wish to use Wi-Fi if and when possible.

Thank you,

Rory

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the service status checker multiple times before signing up and it said there were no issues. There also aren’t any issues in my local area now. I live in a fairly built up area where signal would be expected but phone calls are awful unless done over wifi - which isn’t always possible at work or on the go. It’s very frustrating. I have lost count of the amount of phone calls people have ended on me because the line is so bad. It’s inconvenient and also very unprofessional when it happens during phone calls that aren’t with friends such as work calls or doctors appointments. 
I would appreciate speaking to someone in person over the phone ( ironically when I am able to be at home and calling on the wifi ) because I am paying for a phone and am without its main use. 

Many thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@abbyb98,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I am having the same problem. No bars outside the home so emergency calls only. Not good considering I have just come out of hospital and still relying on people who I can’t call!

Why iD Mobile?