Solved

network doesn't work

• 30 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Yesterday I changed my plan.I received a message saying the card should be activated shortly.Half hour later I got the message,enjoy using your plan,but network doesn't work!! Said "Cannot connect to mobile network" !!!

icon

Best answer by Tom 31 August 2023, 16:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Whereabouts are you @Lucyna Jasinska? - you’d only be able to activate an iD SIM card while you’re in the UK. 

I live in the UK.I never received a new ID SIM,do I still need to activate it the old one?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your existing iD SIM card might’ve been deactivated by mistake, or has developed a fault, or been damaged somehow.

Forum members can’t look at your iD account @Lucyna Jasinska, so I’d recommend asking iD support for assistance using the online iD live chat, Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM. 

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Ok Thanks a lot x

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lucyna Jasinska 

Did you make a plan change or an upgrade?

A plan change wouldn’t make a change with the SIM card, an upgrade would issue a new SIM card but would need to be activated in the iD Mobile app/website, the issued SIM (with a SIM only upgrade) would be delivered within 3-5 working days via Royal Mail.

Tom

Hi,

I couldn't find how to talk to them online😬😠This morning I chatted with the agent and they promised I would be able to use my plan up to an hour.Nothing has changed!!! I contacted with them again I just finished the chat.I need a replacement card no one tells me about it 2 days ago during the change of plan or this morning my phone is unusable since tuesday!!I can get a replacement card from Currys for free or wait 2 to 3 days for delivery.I'm going to the store tomorrow, I hope my problem will be solved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lucyna Jasinska 

Please let us know if you need any continued support with this so we can get in touch.

It sounds like an upgrade may have been done and a new SIM card issued/activated with it.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?