Solved

network problem

Userlevel 1

Little or no internet in location LL22 9EW, is very sporadic. I have neighbours who are on 3 network having the same problem, but 3 are saying there's no issue in this locale. I have tried to use 'live chat' but URL link is being rejected.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 9 August 2023, 13:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It seems there’s an issue with the Three network at your location @Keith1951.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for that, never thought to check because of what neighbours are saying 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Keith1951 

Sorry to hear you’ve been having issues in LL22 9EW, the area as shown on the iD Mobile outage checker (and Three UK outage checker above from @andewhite) shows an outage in the area, Three UK are aware and working on a fix.

How long have you been having issues here?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Sorry about the wait, had no internet. I was previously on 3 network before joining Id mobile. Internet has been sporadic since begining of the school holidays. Since this location is in the middle of a major holiday destination I assumed it was a bandwidth problem, especially with the influx of holiday makers. The annoying thing is, I've only got to walk 300mtrs to be in range of next tower and there's no problem. It always seems to affect the tower nearest to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sorry about the wait, had no internet. I was previously on 3 network before joining Id mobile. Internet has been sporadic since begining of the school holidays. Since this location is in the middle of a major holiday destination I assumed it was a bandwidth problem, especially with the influx of holiday makers. The annoying thing is, I've only got to walk 300mtrs to be in range of next tower and there's no problem. It always seems to affect the tower nearest to me.

Hey @Keith1951,

This sounds like congestion for sure.

Congestion is due to high traffic on the local masts which can slow data speeds or cause service issues.

Once congestion eases, these services should resume to how they were previously.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Don't know what the 'issue' was but according to the checker it's been fixed. Problem is I'm still only getting less than 5Mbps, looks like it's gonna be like this until schools go back😭

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Keith1951,

Please continue to monitor it and let us know if it doesn’t improve in the next week or so.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Still having problem with network congestion. For the last 2 days have only been getting a max of 0.8 Mbps, that is when I can get connected. Location LL22 9EW, cannot use network status checker because of not being able to connect. I've had to walk in range of next tower to post this message, where incidentally I'm getting 217Mbps.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah, I’m in the same boat @Keith1951
This “handling more traffic than usual” status has been displayed at my location for over 11-months now, with no end in sight.

Elsewhere in this forum, members have speculated Three UK are upgrading their backhaul network infrastructure, in order to handle the increased 4G VoLTE traffic, which is expected after Three UK complete switch-off of their 3G radio access network (currently scheduled for end of 2024).

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the info guys, it's really annoying when I'm getting 800+ at home (ST17). But I'm only 400mtrs from nearest tower.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like ST17 location has 5G NR operating at the nearest tower.
👍

Userlevel 1

Yes it has, 5g supposed to be available here also, but because of congestion not getting 5g or 4g.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The 5G NR coverage for LL22 looks mainly outdoors.

Userlevel 1

That's what 3 indicate, but can get it indoors no problem when no congestion

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Keith1951 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?