Solved

network signal is poor - calls drop out

• 23 April 2024
  • 8 replies

I have had every call in my flat drop out. I need a stronger signal - I have only been with ID for a month but the service is not good enough 

icon

Best answer by Lauren 27 April 2024, 11:01

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Coll888, have you tried using the iD WiFi Calling service in your flat? 

You’d need a Wi-Fi network connection in your flat, to use WiFi Calling.

Living in my mobile not-spot, I rely on WiFi Calling at home. 

Yes I have tried that - my phone was set up for WiFi calls. Does ID not have a customer services? How do I sort this out?? Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Coll888, iD Mobile don’t provide a telephone support helpline. 

Their customer service is by online Live Chat, or through their social media pages, using Facebook Messenger or X (formerly Twitter).

The advisers work until 8pm on weekdays. 

The iD Mobile WiFi Calling service has worked well for me in my location.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Coll888, welcome to the community. However, I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with your coverage.

Coverage can vary per area and there are many factors that can impact this. It’s possible that 3UK is not as strong in your local area which could be why the coverage is affected. If it’s occurring everywhere you go, the issue points more likely to a handset or SIM fault. It’s also worthwhile checking if there are any outages or planned work in your post code:

Check your network coverage | Support | Three

If you’re in a poor coverage area, it’s worth noting that we offer 30-day returns on all contracts purchased from iD Mobile directly and 14-days if bought from Carphone Warehouse. 

If you’d like us to take a closer look into the coverage issues you’re having, just let us know and we’ll be happy to send you a PM.

-Lauren

Yes I would like a personal message as I can’t get hold of customer services as I don’t know my PIN number 

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Coll888 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Hmmmmm.....coverage map for 4g for my area misleadingly shows full indoor / outdoor coverage but rarely able to make any calls over network

All very frustrating and misleading 

I'd not alone , all networks are scamming us with rubbish signal strengths 

Tried WiFi calling with my excellent home WiFi but phone only occasionally managed to access it despite correct settingd

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hmmmmm.....coverage map for 4g for my area misleadingly shows full indoor / outdoor coverage but rarely able to make any calls over network

All very frustrating and misleading 

I'd not alone , all networks are scamming us with rubbish signal strengths 

Tried WiFi calling with my excellent home WiFi but phone only occasionally managed to access it despite correct setting

The coverage map is only a theoretical prediction of the signal reception at any given location, and actual reception might be better or worse than predicted. 

The iD WiFi Calling service is a good indoor alternative, but your handset needs an option to have Wi-Fi Calling as being preferred, for this to work reliably.

Why iD Mobile?