Question

NETWORK STATUS - DN21 1XU

• 23 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Is there a problem with the network in DN21 1XU?

I have check the network status page and it does say there are no known issues.  However, I am unable to get 4G currently in this area.  Best I can get is H+ and it is quite slow.

Best regards

Andrew

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Assuming the 3G network service is still working in that location, does forcing your handset to use 3G instead, improve the data throughput @Aandyjbkr?

Hello - I’m afraid forcing 3G only still gives me H+ and no speed improvement.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess it was worth trying @Aandyjbkr - perhaps there’s significant network congestion in your area, which isn’t being reported in the online network status checker. 

Perhaps the mobile network operator might have decided to not publish the network congestion issue, to avoid reputational damage.

Do you get 4G performance in other locations, when using the iD SIM in your handset @Aandyjbkr?

Hello - yes - I usually get here and I was getting in earlier when I was at my home location.

I am guessing it is “one of those things” but I do want to say thank you very much for trying to help, I appreciate it.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Do you have a home Wi-Fi network to use instead @Aandyjbkr

You might be able to use the iD WiFi Calling service for calls and texts in the problem locations, which could be better than using the mobile network.   

Why iD Mobile?