Solved

Never had order emails - did place order

Userlevel 1

I'm trying to retrieve my 9-digit order number for the Amazon reward.

Thing is I've never had any emails saying this, only one about the reward (perversely) and the day after one about my direct debit and a welcome one.

I've checked spam and EVERY email from the day of the order, which obviously went through as I'm on the 12m £8 20gb plan as required.

Tried live chat but no button ever materialised.

Not sure if I got SMS about it but they haven't been saved.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 14 August 2023, 13:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @John Metcalfe 

What Amazon reward are you referring to?

We don’t have any Amazon rewards running at the moment, if you’ve purchased via a third party site such as MSE, you may need to contact them about the offer.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Well that's as maybe, but doesn't tell me where I can find my order number?

And yes I think it's from mse, but obviously 🆔 have my order number somewhere buried in the system.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @John Metcalfe 

What Amazon reward are you referring to?

We don’t have any Amazon rewards running at the moment, if you’ve purchased via a third party site such as MSE, you may need to contact them about the offer.

Tom

@Tom, while that might be the next step for @John Metcalfe, they’ll need their iD Mobile order reference number to claim their MSE voucher.

Maybe @John Metcalfe was hoping for assistance with getting their iD order reference number?   

Userlevel 1

Why is this saying solved, not solved at all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @John Metcalfe, this is likely as you may have marked a post as Most Helpful.

We can get you the transaction number if you still need it by sending you a PM here.

Let us know if you want us to message.

I’ve also unmarked the post for you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I managed to get a live chat and they kindly gave me the transaction number but apparently that's not the order number and iD can't tell me that (supposedly begins 12...).

Can't really understand why I didn't get any order emails but several other emails one from the reward people that addressed itself as from iD mobile.

Then direct debit email and others, just no order.  I seem to remember getting through the process so probably didn't give it a second thought as I could see a confirmation on screen.

It looks like I've not done it 100% correctly via MSE so they'll be able to squirm out of paying me the reward as they will say it wasn't via the affiliate link, even though I'm 100% sure I came at it from their website.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @John Metcalfe, for purchases started on MSE, other forum members got their vouchers by emailing “uk-idmobile@awin.com”, and telling them what was ordered + their order number and date. 

The order number information could be a issue - it does seem implausible that iD don’t have a record of your order number though.
🤞 

Userlevel 1

Well they did give me a transaction number and live chat did look for a number starting 12 to no avail.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well they did give me a transaction number and live chat did look for a number starting 12 to no avail.

Seems odd iD can’t or won’t give you your order number @John Metcalfe - they must have a record of this information somewhere.
🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@John Metcalfe,

Just checking if you still require assistance?

If you don’t have the transaction number and still require it, please get back to us here.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately it's NOT the transaction number, it's an order number which is apparently different.

So unless someone can dig that out....

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @John Metcalfe,

I’ll see if we can retrieve this for you.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?