Question

new contract and SIM not working

• 7 August 2023
  • 3 replies

My son has an i-phone On an 18mth conteact and since he has had it (almost 10 weeks) he has not had any mobile network coverage despite phone being new and being sent out a replacement SIM. He can't download the app to set up an account as he needs to be sent a text and the phone won't receive any ! Trying to speak to anyone who can sort is proving nigh on impossible at present..any help would be great

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Benchy70,

Sorry to hear that.

Can you just clarify, is the contract in your name or his?

Replacement SIMs need to be activated so was the replacement SIM that was sent received and activated?

We don’t do 18-month contracts so did you mean he has 18-month left?

Mohammed

Apologies. The contract is for 24 months. It's in his name. As for the replacement SIM being activated we are not sure ? He was sent a new SIM and just put it in the handset hoping it would work. Could it be his number has not been ported over from previous supplier (three) but this is for I.D to sort..is it not ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Benchy70 

Has the replacement SIM card been activated to the iD Mobile account itself?

Has the port not completed from Three UK to iD Mobile? Was the port submitted via the port form?

We’d need the account holder to get in touch with us themselves so that we can assist them directly with their account.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?