new contract sim failure

Userlevel 1

Help. Have new sim only sim card. No telephone number anywhere. Does not work. I'm already with I'd so I know my phone's fine and network is fine. 

Help, tried airplane mode etc tips. Does not work.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

We have a similar problem . being trying the live chat for days and its always busy 

i’m getting so angry at the poor customer service

Userlevel 1

My wife's managed to start getting some help, I'll post if a result. I am surprised though, I've been with id for donkeys year's with no problems at all!

Userlevel 2

I have also been on ID for years, recently changed my plan to a cheaper one.  Got a new sim in the post ( dont need it as my current one is fine ) but i cat work out when my new plan becomes active or ill be paying for 2 separate plans or what.

i read somewhere that my new plan would be active within 30 mins but my online account shows its still on the original plan,

help :)

Userlevel 1

When I've stopped plans etc, it's usually a straight ongoing process. Old one ends, new one begins!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Annoyingly the sim doesn’t come with a card showing the new number;
however, once the network sees the card as live it should then generate a SMS to that number advising of your new phone number.

You can then set up your account on their www; obviously without the number, you can’t proceed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have also been on ID for years, recently changed my plan to a cheaper one.  Got a new sim in the post ( dont need it as my current one is fine ) but i cat work out when my new plan becomes active or ill be paying for 2 separate plans or what.

i read somewhere that my new plan would be active within 30 mins but my online account shows its still on the original plan,

help :)

Hey @Reuben Robertson, It’s applied as soon as the upgrade is connected.

When you log into the app/account, do you see your new plan selected?

My wife's managed to start getting some help, I'll post if a result. I am surprised though, I've been with id for donkeys year's with no problems at all!

Glad she’s got help since but if she does need help, she can message us here.

@Emma Abrahamson  I’ve replied to your other post and sent you a Private Message here to pick up.

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

resolved with the live chat.  Top tip if live chat does not open for you try opening it in an incognito tab.

In fact upgrading via the website set up a new contract so i had 2 independent ones as apposed to upgrading my existing one.  They refunded me the difference also..

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Reuben Robertson  glad to hear it’s now sorted.

Replied to your thread also.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?