Question

New customer - No idea what is going on

• 25 October 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hiya,

I’ve switched from Vodafone to ID for my elderly father and the whole process has been very confusing so far and no way to talk to anyone. The chat bot is a complete waste of time and sends us around in circles.

I can’t talk to an agent without a pin it says but my Father has never been sent a pin and he can’t open an account as the security number will only send to the ID mobile number he has been given temporarily but he doesn’t have a sim yet. All I want to know is a few simple answers. The instructions  have not been clear at all and the number change with PAC has been complicated and saying we can’t choose a date of switch until 7 days time. It then changed when I he got emails and tried again and said 2 days. All very weird. 

The questions:

The number switch is meant to be today. Will it switch even though he has the Vodafone sim in it still? The new sim hasn’t arrived yet. 

where do I find this pin in order to speak to someone? It says it should be in an email. I’ve looked thoroughly through all emails and no pin. 

how do you speak to someone online? It’s almost impossible.  I’ve put ‘speak to human’ 20 times and the chat not repeats the same crap over and over again. I’m beginning to think switching my dad to ID was a mistake. 

thanks for your help!! 😊

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 1

Will he be left with no service as when joining it heavily encouraged him to put PAC code in then. He then got an email saying to put PAC in so that he can keep number. He has no sim and the number is porting today. This is so stressful. Why on Earth doesn’t it just warn you that you will be left with no service if you give the PAC code when joining that you will run the risk of having no service if your sim doesn’t arrive at the same time.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, iD don’t operate a telephone support helpline - the iD customer support is 100% online @Denton

You can pop into your nearest Currys to get a replacement iD SIM card for your Dad.

It will need to be activated online at https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ja/web/cpw/sim-swap.

To avoid the 24/7 chat bot, type “talk to a person” when using the online live chat service. 
The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 1

Thank you Andy,

He can’t sign up to an online account to activate it as the security code is going to the new sim number and we don’t have the sim yet. Plus the switch over day is today. This is a nightmare. I’d love to know why they never say at any point that you will be left with no phone access if you put the PAC in when signing up to ID mobile. There is no warning that if your sim doesn’t come in time then you will be screwed😫

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

No worries @Denton

If you can, perhaps pop into Currys and pick-up a replacement iD SIM card, so you can at least get a mobile service and not be stuck without a working handset.

Replacement iD SIM cards need to be activated in order to use them.
Do this, without an iD online account, at https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ja/web/cpw/sim-swap.

Userlevel 1

Thanks my lovely. I think we are going to wait until tomorrow now and hope it comes in the post. His phone has been disconnected now but he can use whatapp with Wi-Fi. Thanks for your help 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thanks @Denton.

FYI, iD advise SIM cards take 3-5 workings days for delivery, from the date of dispatch. The date of dispatch is usually the same day as the order complete email from iD. 

iD SIM cards are sent via Royal Mail, WITHOUT tracking, and sometimes seem to get lost in transit. 
🤞  

Userlevel 1

Thanks Andy, 

sorry to ask another question. His number has now ported across so does that mean if he gets another SIM card from Curry’s then he will need to change his number with the PAC code again? The sim that has not arrived will now have been changed to my dads number that he has had for years. If we start this process again with a different new sim  will it mean he has to get another PAC code as I thought you can’t use the same PAC code twice. It is important that he keeps the same number from VodaFone that he has had for many years. 

I hope that makes sense

thank you 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Denton, if the mobile number you want to keep has been transferred to iD Mobile, then whenever you insert an iD SIM card that’s been issued to your Dad - into a handset - the device will detect/pick-up the number you want to keep (assuming the number transfer was completely correctly).

Hopefully, everything went well and this makes sense.

Userlevel 1

You are an absolute Angel thank you. The agents on ID are absolutely useless. They ignore everything I ask and then say ‘it’s been a pleasure talking with you, can you complete a survey’ 😂😂 I honestly can’t believe how bad the service is. She then ended the chat. How bloody rude!! 
you have answered my questions clearly and you don’t even work for them. Thanks so much! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

No worries @Denton

In my experience, iD customer service from their social media team is infinitely better than online live chat. 

You can privately message customer service using Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM.
Furthermore, on the social media channels there’s no bot, and you can leave an out-of-hours message, which should get picked-up when they next start work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Denton,

We hope that you got some assistance with this.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?