Solved

new phone

• 21 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I would like to get a new handset, I’m currently on a month to month sim only. I’d like to take out a 24 month contract and keep my current number but I’m not allowed to upgrade as I haven’t been with the network long enough. If I go with a new 24 month contract and buy via a 3rd party is there a way to keep my current number?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 21 February 2024, 20:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Rob-K, iD Mobile can’t/won’t transfer a mobile number from one iD contract to another iD contract. 

So for the scenario you’ve described, get a PAC and switch the number you want to keep to a new service provider, and then switch it back to the new 24-month minimum term iD handset contract you want to use going forward.

It’s a faff, and can take several days or longer to complete.

🍀

Userlevel 1

Thanks. Might just wait a couple of months. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Even after waiting, the handset upgrade offers shown in your iD account may not be what you’re looking for, @Rob-K

If you’re after an iPhone, Apple offer 24-month 0% APR for online purchases from Apple UK, which might be an alternative.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rob-K 

On a SIM only plan, you’d need to await at least 6 months before being able to upgrade, we’d recommend awaiting that time and keeping an eye in the iD Mobile app/website while logged in for upgrade offers.

Unfortunately, we can’t transfer a number directly from one iD Mobile plan to another one, sorry.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?