Question

new phone, kept my number but getting billed for both

• 24 June 2023
  • 6 replies

I got a new monthly plan and gave my sim only plan up, when the new phone came, it had a new number. I contacted you straight away asking to keep my old number and within a few days that was sorted.

Today I have just received a bill for the new number as well as my old number that was migrated 

That can't be right

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

With iD Mobile, you can’t transfer a mobile number from one iD plan to another iD plan @smig - something’s not quite right. 

I believe that they somehow linked both numbers as I have kept my old number..

It would appear that it is possible somehow, on my mobile app, I still have myold number showing but on the new contract. I wonder if that is why my bill shows the new,unused number

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d say it’s more likely you’ve purchased a second (new) iD plan, and not upgraded your original SIM only plan @smig. 

When you purchase an iD SIM, in order to manage the SIM plan online or using the iD app, each SIM requires its own individual iD online account @smig. In other words, you can only have one SIM plan per online iD account.

How did you contact iD Mobile to ask to keep your ‘old’ number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @smig,

Welcome to the Community!

It certainly sounds like you purchased another contract as @andewhite advised.

You can either look at cancelling the old one and keep the new one or you can return the new one (if you are within the returns period) and upgrade the old number.

Let us know if you require any assistance from us and we can help.

Kash

However you have done it, I am not sure but my old number is working on my new phone.

I just don’t want to get billed for 2 sims. I will keep an eye on my bank just in case that is what happens. Who could I contact other than on here, someone who can check both the numbers out, just to put my mind at rest.

im sure that I’m not the only one to say that dealing with issues like this is not the ideal way to do things, contacting someone who can spend time on the phone with you would be the best way, I feel

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @smig 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?