Question

new sim

I have just upgraded to a new tariff and was sent a new SIM card. This has a new number and I want to keep my old ID number. I have tried live chat but it could not help. When I tried activating new sim it says already activated. Please help to keep old numberĀ 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like you didnā€™t upgrade your existing iD plan, but got a ā€˜newā€™ plan instead, which is why the SIM card for the ā€˜newā€™ plan was already activated.

1. Get a PAC from iD, for the number you want to keepĀ @Janice Hall.
  2. Give the PAC obtained in step 1 to a PAYG service provider, and wait until the number you want to keep has been transferred.
  3. Get a PAC from the PAYG service provider for the number you want to keep.
  4. Give the PAC obtained in step 3 to iD to use with the iD plan you want to keep.

These steps are required because you cannot transfer a number from one iD plan to another iD plan.

Good luckĀ @Janice Hall.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Janice HallĀ 

Ā 

As mentioned by @andewhiteĀ it does sound like a new plan was purchased and not an upgrade.

Ā 

Weā€™d recommend the above should you want to move your old number to the new plan, or if youā€™d prefer we can get in contact so that we can return the new plan in favour of upgrading the old plan.

Ā 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?