Solved

new sim card but same phone?

• 18 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, my contract has ended and I’ve gone sim

only and kept the phone. They’ve sent me a new sim card. Is that right? I want to keep the same number etc, so I thought I’d still be keeping the same sim in the phone. Thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 21 April 2023, 16:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you CHANGE or UPGRADE while SIGNED-IN to your iD online account @Donna Dempsey
If not, you might’ve purchased a new iD contract instead.

If you’ve successfully changed to SIM only after minimum-term ended on your handset contract, then your new iD plan should be visible when you sign-in to your iD online account, and your iD SIM card should carry on working just as before.

Good luck @Donna Dempsey

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Donna Dempsey 

If you’ve ordered an upgrade you may be sent another SIM card in-case you need the replacement, if you don’t need the replacement you won’t need to activate it to access the upgraded tariff.

If you’ve purchased another plan entirely and not an upgrade this SIM may be the SIM for that, I’d recommend double checking emails to make sure it’s an upgrade and not a new line.

Tom

Thank you. It says my plan is now £7 a month, so sim only, so I don’t know why I got a new sim. I haven’t got round to putting it in yet. I clicked upgrade, so it’s not a separate one 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The ‘new’ SIM is not active, so won’t work in your handset until it’s activated. 
Why bother with all that hassle if your existing SIM card fits in your handset @Donna Dempsey.

The only reason you’ve received a ‘new’ SIM is just in case your existing SIM doesn’t fit in the handset you’re planning to use with your UPGRADE. 

Good luck @Donna Dempsey

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Donna Dempsey,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you require any assistance with this, if so please let us know and we can assist you further.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?