Question

New sim card in new phone

• 14 June 2023
  • 4 replies

We visited Curry's and purchased a sim free Motorola e13 and got a new ID sim card for my mother in law. She's never had an ID account. We put the sim in the phone and on checking the settings, it says there is no number and can only be used for emergency calls. How do we activate the card so we can register an account and pick a plan.?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD SIM cards are usually sold activated, so they should work immediately @SG65. 

Have you tried the handset and SIM outdoors in another location?
You could go back to Currys, and get them to demonstrate the handset and SIM work.

Hi andewhite and thanks for replying.

I've tried my ID sim in the Motorola and it works fine. I tried putting the new sim in my phone and got the same problem. I think the guy in Curry's didn't activate the sim as there is no record of a mobile number on the receipt or with the sim pack. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @SG65, I guess you may need to go back to Currys so they can rectify the issue. 
Currys should have made sure your iD SIM was activated at the point-of-sale.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SG65 

When purchasing the iD Mobile SIM card was this purchased with a plan and a signed contract? Was this Pay As You Go?

It may be worth contacting the store to see if what you purchased was a replacement SIM card and if it should have a plan on it and wasn’t activated.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?