Question

new sim card not worling in realme phone

• 21 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a Realme RMX1971, my new SIM card does not seem to work - are id mobile SIM cards not compatible with all UK phones?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

They really should be, but iD Mobile have a list of handsets approved for use with iD Mobile SIM cards.

Their list is online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets.

Good luck @CPM. 

Userlevel 1

Realme phones are not on the list, not that iD prompt you to check before you sign up and hand over your money. But I saw that others with realme phones had been told they would be compatible, so wondered if anyone else had the same model as me before I go through the pain of cancelling my contract.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You might’ve a broken or damaged SIM card, or your phone might be faulty @CPM.

Does the iD SIM card work in another phone?

Does another non-iD SIM card work in your Realme handset?

Userlevel 1

Handset is fine, but I won't have access to another until later today (in order to check the SIM card).

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @CPM,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking how you got on with this.

Please let us know if you still require assistance and we can help.

Kash

Userlevel 1

tested sim in another handset and it didn’t work either, so used the online chat to order a new one (for the benefit of those coming to this with a similar issue, if the chatbot doesn’t come up with an answer, eventually you get passed to a person). Sim sent quickly and works fine, my old number had already transferred, even though I’d never had a working sim. My Realme handset is also fine, despite not being on the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @CPM 

What other handset did you try it in?

Let us know how the replacement SIM card gets on.

Tom

Userlevel 1

for some reason on the realme i had once i disabled the sim i could never turn it back on , trying the second slot if it has one was working though , dont disable it with the switch would be my advice

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Mite Janev  I have seen this happen before.

Happy to see the second slot works.

A replacement SIM also fixes the issue.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?