Question

New SIM card will not activate

• 15 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

My son uses my old iPhone 8

We use Apple Family sharing so he shares my Apple phone number.

I’ve just bought and installed a new SIM card for him in the iPhone 8 but the display reads “No SIM”.

I’ve tried installing the SIM gold contacts face up and face down but display reads “No SIM” each way I try.

What am I doing wrong please?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’ve probably damaged something by putting the SIM card in the SIM tray both ways.

The iPhone 8 uses a notched SIM tray, which is supposed to prevent the SIM card being inserted incorrectly.

Does the SIM in question work in another phone @simeygeejay?  

Userlevel 1

Thanks for replying. The SIM was ok and handled with care but to top a terrible day, I’ve managed to lose it. I will have to ask ID Mobile for help.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

In that case, best thing to do is report it as lost, @simeygeejay.
You’ll need to get a replacement iD SIM, either online using live chat, or in-store from Currys.

1. What do I do if my phone is lost or stolen?
  2. How do I get a replacement SIM card?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @simeygeejay 

Do you still need any assistance here with the SIM card and the activation of it?

Please let us know if you do so we can reach out.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks Tom.

We went into our local Curry’s Thursday lunchtime and got a replacement SIM fitted which was great.

The SIM has still not activated though, over 24 hours later.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks Tom.

We went into our local Curry’s Thursday lunchtime and got a replacement SIM fitted which was great.

The SIM has still not activated though, over 24 hours later.

Have you been to the iD website page https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/sim-swap?

Replacement SIM cards have to be activated by the account holder. 

I’ve got a SIM card but it will no activate, any chance anyone could help me, I’ve tried all the ways they lost on here and it’s still not activating 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Aaron Chucky Wilmot,

Sorry to hear about the issues you have had with activating the SIM.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?