Solved

New SIM for my son

Userlevel 1

Hi all 👍,

I am currently an ID mobile customer and need to get a new SIM only deal for my son.

Me paying for both SIM cards but a note on my account that my son will be using the other.

How do I go about achieving this?

I can see SIM only deals online but if I choose one it will replace my current one.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Rory 30 May 2022, 16:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Vikingodin, as long as you place an order for a new SIM, and not an upgrade, you’ll be fine. It’ll be treated as a new line and it’ll come with a new number. I’d recommend logging out of your account before placing the order on the website.

You’re free to give the SIM to whoever you wish, though of course you would remain liable for all billing, including any extra charges accrued by the user, so you may wish to set a bill cap. We also won’t be able to speak to your son directly regarding any issues, so you’d need to contact us yourself if any did arise.

One other thing to note is that it’s one line per account, so if you want to manage this new line via the iD Mobile app to keep track of allowances/charges etc. you’ll need to register it using a different email address.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Thanks Rory.

Why iD Mobile?