Question

New SIM not working

• 2 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve got a new account with ID mobile.

When I put the SIM into my phone it says No SIM avaialable.

I’ve tried another phone and it says Invalid SIM.

Both handsets are unlocked.

I’ve cleaned the SIM and put the phone in airplane mode for 30 seconds and also turned the handset off and on again.  I think I’ve got a SIM that isn’t working - can you send me a new one please?

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Same issue here.

Userlevel 1

Trust me I've been having a similar issue for months and they have not fixed it.  If able and are still within the cooling off period I highly advise cancelling your contract before you are stuck paying for non existent service 

Userlevel 1

Thank you.  I’m trying to cancel now - I’ve been on Live Chat with one agent for over half an hour and he’s just transferred me to another department- the wait time is 35 minutes.  I’m cancelling!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Su Sharrocks sorry to hear this, it sounds like the SIM card just needs activating. If you want any assistance with this, please let us know. Otherwise, I am sorry you have decided to leave us already.

@Philosophic Fool  and @Shadermarine sorry to hear of the trouble you have had with your SIM cards. Would you like any assistance with that here?

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Siân but the SIM shouldn’t need activating as it’s a new contract.  It’s taken me a couple of hours to sort out so I’ve now cancelled.  Not your fault but your customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Su Sharrocks 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve decided to cancel, we wish you luck elsewhere.

Tom

Help please - new phone with you and now 2nd sim and still not working since I transferred a mobile number - it’s now 10 days and no coverage!? Have a replacement sim sent via post and been to Curry’s today and still not working !! Yet keep taking my direct debit 

tech help please urgently!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Simon Edwards,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?