Solved

New XIAOMI Phone and SIM Support

• 8 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a contract with ID Mobile for my Android Moto-C phone. I now want to buy a new phone as my

Moto-C is starting to fail.

I want to buy an XIAOMI REDMI A2 32GB (Black). It is available to buy on the ID Mobile website.

My question is - Can I use my ID Mobile sim card in my Moto-C for this new XIAOMI phone ?

I checked the “ID Mobile Approved Handsets” list on the ID Website and the XIAOMI REDMI A2 32GB

phone is not in the list.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Kash 9 January 2024, 12:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Seems odd the handset isn’t approved by iD, @Berry_Blu

The Xiaomi Redmi A2 was launched in 2023, so you’d think it should be okay to use with 4G Calling (VoLTE), but iD haven’t approved this handset for their network.

This might be an issue after Three UK switch-off their 3G mobile network by end of 2024.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Berry_Blu 

If the device isn’t in our approved handsets list it may not work, you’re welcome to try however we cannot confirm it’d work, sorry.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Tom, any idea why iD Mobile are selling the Xiaomi A2 device SIM free if its not approved for the iD network?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @andewhite,

The Xiaomi A2 is only available to purchase SIM Free which means that it doesn’t need to be used with an iD SIM card.

The handsets that you see on the Approved list will likely only be the ones that we offer as contracts.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thanks to Andewhite, Tom and Kash for your helpful messages.

I purchased the  XIAOMI REDMI A2 32GB phone and received it

yesterday.  

I’m happy to report that my existing id mobile sim card worked

perfectly in the new phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Berry_Blu 

Glad to hear your SIM worked in the device, please let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?