Solved

no 3g,4g or5g

• 3 September 2022
  • 8 replies

My husband got an new  contract so I had his new sim card and put it in his old phone. Ever since I've had the contract in his phone I haven't had 3g,4g or5g. He always had it when using the phone. We have the same contract. So why do I get bad signal?

icon

Best answer by phoenixw 4 September 2022, 21:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you have no 3G, 4G or 5G signal then you have no signal at all. Nadda, nothing, zilch, no service!

I only get H+ I use WiFi when I can. No Internet signal in most places. Thank for your help

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

FYI - H+ is 3G…

If your husband gets good coverage in the he same locations where you have none then the handset must be faulty. What make and model is it?

Oh! Thank you didn't know that H+was 3g. I have an Samsung s20fe. It was fully working when my husband had his sim card in it.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

There are two variants of the Samsung S20 FE, one has 5G capabilities and other does not. Do you have the S20 FE 5G or S20 FE? If the latter then that would explain why you're not getting 5G signal! It doesn't explain why your not getting a 4G signal though. Have you tried preforming a factory reset?

It's the s20 FE so that's why I don't get 5g. Thank you for the info ,will try the factory reset that may help.

Userlevel 2

Before you factory reset it might be worth checking in the settings that you haven't got the phone set in 3G/2G only mode and resetting the APN details to defaults. Both settings should be under the "Network settings" or something similar in your phone's settings page.

Thank you for your help. I checked the settings and now I have 4g.

Why iD Mobile?