Question

No ID Mobile SIM Card, unable to get PAC Code.

• 2 December 2023
  • 17 replies

I signed up to ID Mobile recently and I pre-emptively requested my PAC Code from my provider, Three. I then didnt receive my SIM Card from ID Mobile and decided I couldnt wait any longer so cancelled. I requested my PAC Code during the same Live Chat support. I was told to wait 30 minutes and if I didnt receive the PAC code to return to the chat. I then returned and a ticket was raised. I was then asked to come back in 48 hours if I didnt hear anything back. So I returned back to the Live Support to be told they are having an issue with the system to then wait another 24 hours and check back.

I again just spoke to the Complaints department who right at the tail end of the conversation states she/he is not the complaints department.  Only, she had raised the complaint for me. So, I’ve been told to wait 48 hours (again) and the ‘back office’ will email my the code.  Only, whilst on the Live Chat I got an email with the following: Your PAC is Not Created which expires on .

I let the agent know I have this email with the same message I received on Wednesday but I’m told to wait 48hours.

So, from Ofcom:

A PAC must be provided to you immediately over the phone or, if this is not possible, your provider must send it to you by text within two hours of your request. If you request the PAC by text or online, it must be provided to you within two working days of your request.

17 replies

I’m not too clear what you have cancelled?  Your new contract from ID or the PAC code that you got from Three?

No, I had requested my PAC code from ID Mobile after they failed to deliver the sim card to the correct address (twice).  The Live Support instead cancelled the account without first providing me with the PAC Code but ensured me I would get the PAC code.  Only the email sent didn’t contain the PAC code.  I then came back and a ‘ticket issue’ was raised - I was told to wait 48 hours but lo’ behold I heard nothing.  Yesterday I raised a complaint and again I’m told to wait 48hours to receive my PAC code.

Meanwhile I am without a number since Wednesday.  I cant migrate to the new provider Lebara.

any thoughts?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

any thoughts?

If you cancelled your iD contract instead of returning your order, during the cooling OFF period, getting a PAC will take longer.

As you’ve raised a complaint, you’ll probably need to keep in-touch with the complaints team until the issue has been resolved or reached deadlock.

issue ticket: 383655285

complaint: 384238871 - despite raising the complaint through the complaints page your team towards the end stated they were not the complaints team but customer service.

Also, my contract was cancelled for me by the Live Chat support.  I have no idea about ‘returning the order’ process.  I’ve also been charged £1.xx of which I cannot pay?

Confused, ‘wait a little longer’ - please see the offcom to providing PAC codes and:

them: Then you will need to wait for the back office team email the PAC to you.

me: in 48hours?

them: Yes, that is correct.

me: Okay and when they dont what is the next steps?

them: As advised above, they will.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When the online Live Chat agent cancelled your iD contract, you’ll have been disconnected from the network @Zet Ej.

Apparently iD Mobile have implemented a change, in accordance with OFCOM’s rules (for EECC), to allow customers to get a PAC code up to 60-days after being disconnected. This is mentioned by in a post from @Mohammed (from iD) in the following forum topic:

You should be able to contact iD Mobile complaints teams on 0800 049 2402.  

How can I contact when I dont have a number to dial from?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps get a PAYG SIM card from another service provider?

Telephone calls to 0800 numbers are normally free with PAYG SIM cards.  

I noticed from your link the moderator provided support via private message.  

Just speaking to your complaints team who have added another 48hours on top………….

This is interesting, I was told 48hours and now its 72hours:

“I can see on my end that a PAC code has been generated. You can contact our dedicated voice team over the phone using our voicemail service and a member of the team will call you back within 48 hours. Call us on 0800 049 2376 and provide the below information in your voicemail:

Your full name
Your iD mobile number
Explain that you want the PAC code
The best number to contact you back on
Please remember to press # at the end of your message. Do not leave any information about your credit/debit card details. The voicemail you leave will only be used to help us resolve your issue and if you want more information about how your data is used, you can read our Privacy Policy.”

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The iD staff only read forum posts once a day normally, although sometimes less frequently. 

FYI, once you’re using private messages to communicate with iD Mobile here in this forum, iD say they’ll try and reply within 72-hours.  

Apologies, the exchange isn’t a private message exchange - thats me on the complaints lives support.  It appears you have generated the PAC code - can I be sent it via email or private message/

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Apologies, the exchange isn’t a private message exchange - thats me on the complaints lives support.  It appears you have generated the PAC code - can I be sent it via email or private message/

Okay @Zet Ej, I’m just a forum member like you, and don’t have access to customer accounts.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Zet Ej, I’m just a forum member like you, and don’t have access to customer accounts.  

Sounds like iD Mobile might’ve produced a PAC, for the number you want to keep - I’m not sure how they’ll send you your PAC though.

Have you tried using the iD social media channels for support? 
You can contact the iD customer service team privately using Facebook Messenger or X (Twitter) DM. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Zet Ej,

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?