Question

No internet - three ongoing issues

• 2 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Guys, When I am at the office I have 4G but no internet. According to three support there is ongoing work in the area. The postcode for my work is G31 3AU. The issues have been persistent for a few weeks now. Is there a way to tell when the work will be completed? Unfortunately I don’t have wifi at the office.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re using 3, then this iD Community might not be the right place @notabot

Userlevel 1

If you’re using 3, then this iD Community might not be the right place @notabot

I am an iD customer, but obviously iD uses three mobile signal

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @notabot, that’s true but you’d be surprised how many iD Mobile customers don’t know. 

Other similar topics here in the iD community appear to suggest these network status messages are generic for the work 3 are doing on their backhaul network, which is needed to handle the expected increase in mobile data traffic, largely expected because of their 3G switch-off.

The 3G switch off is currently scheduled to be completed end of 2024, so it’s possible the network status won’t change in your area until 3G is off in your area.

I doubt iD Mobile can say when that will be though.

Userlevel 1

Okay @notabot, that’s true but you’d be surprised how many iD Mobile customers don’t know. 

Other similar topics here in the iD community appear to suggest these network status messages are generic for the work 3 are doing on their backhaul network, which is needed to handle the expected increase in mobile data traffic, largely expected because of their 3G switch-off.

The 3G switch off is currently scheduled to be completed end of 2024, so it’s possible the network status won’t change in your area until 3G is off in your area.

I doubt iD Mobile can say when that will be though.

@andewhite thank you, is there any way I can boost the signal when I am in the office?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Signal boosters aren’t so fashionable these days.

Once all the mobile networks offered a WiFi Calling service, the market for signal boosters disappeared overnight.

It’s unfortunate your workplace doesn’t have a Wi-Fi network.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I’m with SMARTY which also uses the THREE network… We visited Tenby 10 days ago and although we all had full 4G signal, none of us had working data. (iPhone 13, iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and Samsung S21 Ultra.) Data simply didn’t work! Very annoying.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Were you victims of #MoreMalarkey, #LessSMARTY?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Were you victims of #MoreMalarkey, #LessSMARTY?

You can add #SMARTYDidMeDirty to the list! 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @notabot 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?