Solved

No network connected abroad

• 3 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi

My phone worked fine a few days ago in Germany but since arriving in Prague I cannot get my phone to connect to any network and therefore have no access to my data. I have data roaming enabled and have tried looking to manually enter my APN but the settings are not where suggested online. 
Any advice?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Nams94 4 November 2023, 13:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Nams94,

Glad to hear that it is resolved. 

Please get back in touch if you require further assistance.

Kash

Hi! I actually ended up getting it to work by turning 5G off and it found signal and 4G no problem! Thanks though :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Nams94 have you tried resetting again at all?

Can you please try to connect the phone to WiFi and then open Safari and head to http://www.unlockit.co.nz/

Tap Create APN Change the Country to UK Find iD in the list Scroll down and tap Create APN Tap Allow on the pop-up then Install in the top right corner.

Then restart and make sure Data Roaming is turned on and test.

Please let us know how you get on.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps one or more of iD Mobile’s Czech roaming partners have network faults, or don’t provide great coverage, although you’d kind of expect reasonable coverage in Prague itself.

Hiya

You are right - it is an iPhone.

The network reset worked for 20 minutes or so and then back to no phone signal let alone data again.

Thanks for trying to help though!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve got an iPhone @Nams94, the network profile provided by iD Mobile unfortunately omits access to the APN settings, for MOBILE DATA. 

Sometimes performing a NETWORK RESET will fix the issue though - the device user guide will usually explain how to do this.

🤞